C is very popular programming language. C language is relatively more often used in various existing programming. The reason is because this language has a special standardization. The language called the parent of other programming languages associated with this language can be translated into machine language which is then translated into other programming languages. This language is also widely used in various applications.
Starting from the operating system (Windows and many others) to programs such as Oracle databases, Git, Python interpreters, and more. There are also those who say that language is the language of God. This is based on the assumption that if you understand c language, you can easily understand other programming languages that use c language.
C language is a powerful programming language that is very related to the UNIX operating system. Most UNIX operating systems are coded in C. Initially C programming was limited to the UNIX operating system, but the compilation began to spread throughout the world, it became commercial, and many compilers were released for cross system platforms. Today ‘C’ runs under a variety of operating systems and hardware platforms. When it began to develop many different language versions were released. Sometimes it becomes difficult for developers to get the latest version because the system is running under an older version. To ensure that the ‘C’ language will remain standard, the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) set commercial standards for the ‘C’ language in 1989. Then, it was regulated by the International Standards Organization (ISO) in 1990. The ‘C’ Programming of this Language also referred to as ‘ANSI C’.
C is a computer programming language. That means that you can use C to make a list of approvals for the computer to follow. C is one of the many programming languages currently in use. C has been around for a number of periods and has received a lot of space because it provides control and efficiency for programmers. C is an easy language to learn. This style is a bit more cryptic than some other languages, but you can get past it pretty quickly.
As we learned earlier, ‘C’ is the basic language for many programming languages. So, learning ‘C’ as the main language will play an important role when speaking other programming languages. It shares the same concepts as data, operators, speaking controls and more. ‘C’ can be widely used in various applications. It is a simple language and provides faster execution. There are many jobs available for ‘C’ developers on the market today. ‘C’ is a structured programming language where programs are divided into various modules. Each module can be written separately and together make a single ‘C’ program. This process makes it easy to process, debug and debug. ‘C’ contains 32 keywords, various data types, and discusses innate functions that make programming very efficient. Another feature of ‘C’ programming is that it can be published itself. The ‘C’ program contains various functions that are part of the library. We can add our features and functions to the library. We can access and use these functions whenever we want in our program. This feature makes it easy to use when using complex programming.
C language can be used in:
- Main Application
- The ‘C’ language is widely used in embedded systems.
- This is used to develop system applications.
- This is widely used to develop desktop applications.
- Most applications by Adobe are developed using the ‘C’ programming language.
- This is used to develop browsers and their extensions. Google Chromium is made using the ‘C’ programming language.
- This is used to develop a database. MySQL is the most popular database software that was built using ‘C’.
- This is used in developing the operating system. Operating systems such as Apple X OS, Microsoft Windows, and Symbian were developed using the ‘C’ language. This is used to develop desktops and mobile operating systems.
- This is used for compiler production.
- This is widely used in IoT applications
Based on that argument and the facts about C language, we can concude that C programming language is much popular due to following reasons:
- C language has less number of keywords, as we know that in a standard version of C programming language there are only 32 keywords and 32 keywords are easy to remember.
- C language has less number of standard libraries and library functions but they can be used to design any kind of functions.
- C language has rich set of data types with awesome features of type qualifiers like const, volatile etc.
- We have already discussed in previous post about low level and high level languages. C language is one of the most popular programming languages which are able to make low level applications like device drivers, operating systems, firmware etc along with the high level applications like desktop applications. Note that: due to this amazing feature C programming language is known as “Middle Level programming language”.
- C language is very efficient, popular and well understood.
- C language is much popular for embedded systems programming due to its flexibility.
- Programs written in C programming language are easy to read, understand and edit.
- C language is free, and you do not have to pay anything even if you are using C language for embedded systems. We can easily access any hardware device attached with the micro-controller , for example: we can capture images through the camera, record videos by writing functions for it.
https://computer.howstuffworks.com/c1.htm , https://www.guru99.com/c-programming-language.html , https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/c-language-set-1-introduction/ , https://www.includehelp.com/c/why-we-should-use-c-language.aspx