The PlayStation Store (also abbreviated as PSN Store) is a digital media store available to users of Sony’s PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable game consoles via the PlayStation Network. The store offers a range of downloadable content both for purchase and available free of charge. Available content includes full games, add-on content, playable demos, themes and game/movie trailers.
Everyone been using PlayStation Network to buy digital game codes dan content online to make sure they get the most experience while playing the games, and physical products were only available from third-party retailers. While this store is really popular and effective, Sony just came up with something that more awesome.
After the big update on September 25th, you can now buy PS4 consoles, accessories PlayStation Plus membership cards, and the most importantly physical game discs directly from the new online store. While PlayStation already had the PSN store for digital items, this store will be for physical products.
The new store is part of the PlayStation.com website, and you can also purchase PS4 Pro and PS VR systems and bundles; headsets, DualShock 4 controllers, PS VR accessories, some games and PS Plus subscription voucher codes.
Some of the game you can buy after the launch are God of War 3 Remastered, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Game of the Year Edition, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, Bloodborne, MLB The Show 19, Ratchet & Clank, The Last of Us Remastered, Astro Bot: Rescue Mission, Blood & Truth, Days Gone, Horizon Zero Dawn and Quantic Dream Collection.
The store is open exclusively in the US, and, according to Sony, it’s intended to allow gamers to purchase products from the company itself. The move comes ahead of the busy holiday season, and it’s launching with its own limited time promotion: you’ll be able to buy a PlayStation 4 with a yearlong subscription to PS Plus for $339.99 or a PlayStation 4 Pro and a yearlong subscription to PS Plus for $429.99. You can get them now till the end of October!
Well, Sony is offering a great shipping deal for one – as long as you’re subscribed to PlayStation Plus you’re eligible for free 1-day express shipping on anything in the store. Not bad!! It sure is tempting. As of right now, the new PlayStation store only ships products to the US, but it will likely expand to other territories soon enough.
Going online also mean that buyers won’t have to go through retailers and will have a “single destination.” They can purchase everything that they want in the comfort of their living room (or practically anywhere) and just click away. In any case, it’s great for consumers, too: now, you can buy all of your PlayStation products in one place.
If this is your first time buying things in PlayStation Store, don’t worry because we will give you the guide of how to purchase a game from PlayStation Store.
Types of Content Available on the PlayStation™Store
The PlayStation™Store includes a few different types of game content you can purchase:
- Bundles > Full game + additional content. This sometimes includes downloadable content (DLC) and add-ons (currency). Click on the product to view what is included in the bundle.
- Add-Ons > This includes different types of content such as season passes, levels, maps, and in-game currency or consumables. Click on the product to view what is included with the purchase.
- Themes > for your PS4™ home screen.
- Avatars > for your account for PSN.
- Movies & TV
How to Browse for Game Content on the PlayStation™Store
Find the following content using the left hand menus within the PlayStation™Store on the PS4™:
- What’s Hot
- Sales or Offerings
- Games & Add-Ons
The Games and Add-Ons section includes sub-menus that include featured, new and popular content. You will also find pre-order content and deals in these sections.
How to Purchase on the PlayStation™Store
- Browse the Store and click on the content you are interested in purchasing. You will be brought to the Product Detail page.
- From the Detail Page, you can select [Add to Cart].
- Once you have chosen the item you wish to purchase, you can [Continue Shopping] or [Show Cart] to complete your purchase.
- Now you can enter a [Discount Code], if available, and [Proceed to Checkout].
- You will be taken to the screen where you can [Confirm Purchase] to proceed.
- For Security you will be asked to verify the Credit Card Security Code to continue, after entering the information [Continue].
- The Store will process your payment, and if successful will present a Thank You screen confirming your purchase.
The question now, how do you pay?
Add a Payment Option on PlayStation®4
Step 1:From PS4™ home screen, go to [Settings] > [Account Management] > [Account Information].
Step 2: Select [Wallet] > [Payment Methods].
Step 3: Select the method of payment to assign to your Wallet [Add a Credit/Debit Card] or [Add a PayPal Account].
Step 4: Follow the prompts on screen to complete the process.
PlayStation® Guidelines for Entering Billing Information on Your Account
- Enter billing information exactly as it appears on your credit card statement.
- Enter a physical mailing address if possible. We suggest not using PO Box addresses.
- Remove any special characters when entering your billing address into the registration form to open an account on PlayStation™Network, such as asterisks (*), hyphens (-), and slashes ( / ). (For example, if your address is 1547 1/2 Lincoln Way, we recommend removing the fraction and try entering “1547 Lincoln Way” instead.
- Military (APO and FPO) addresses are currently not accepted as a valid address on the PlayStation™Network.
- Apartment numbers should appear on the same line as the street address.
If you are having difficulty with entering billing information:
- Remove apartment numbers altogether.
- Spell out numbered street names (e.g., use “First” instead of “1st”).
- Remove anything that notes direction (e.g., remove “NW”, “SOUTHEAST”, etc.) from the street address.
Sony PlayStation will make sure to add more and more exciting things into their store. I might just buy new things that i have a reliable site to visit now.