Smartphones have now become an inseparable part of daily activities. Starting from sending messages, documenting certain moments, to doing work can be done using a smartphone. That’s why smartphones often contain important data owned by their users. When a smartphone or cellphone is lost, the cellphone owner will certainly be confused and even panic. However, smartphones now have a feature that can track the location of the phone if it is lost.
Apple’s smartphone, the iPhone, also has this feature. Apple provides a Find My application that allows users to locate a lost iPhone. Find My is actually not only able to find or track a lost iPhone, but also on all Apple devices such as Macbooks, iPads, AirPods, and so on. Find My can track in real-time the last location of the iPhone. So, for example, if your iPhone is stolen, you can see the movement of your iPhone through Find My. In addition to the Find My application on the iPhone, you can also access it through the iCloud.com site.
Real-time tracking requires your iPhone to be online or connected to the internet and power on or on. But what if the lost iPhone is offline and turns off / doesn’t turn on?
Find My really can’t track a lost iPhone if it’s offline or not connected to the internet and runs out of power. So, you can’t see where your iPhone is going in real-time. Even if you can’t see in real-time, the Find My app can still provide you with the latest location information from your lost iPhone offline. The latest location information will be provided to you when the iPhone is connected to the internet.
Looking for a lost iPhone, especially when it’s turning off, you have to be patient because it takes time to wait for the lost iPhone to turn on again. However, you don’t have to keep waiting until your iPhone is back on and online. With the features in Find My, Apple will provide the latest location information automatically.
Different types of browsers, it is also possible that there will also be different locations of the options for setting up a lost iPhone on the iCloud site.
- Open the iCloud site.
- Enter your Apple ID and password.
- You will be presented with several options for the default iPhone application, select the “Track” or “Find My” application.
- Then select your iPhone device, after which a map with the last location of your iPhone will appear. If you are offline, the round icon of the last iPhone location marker will be gray. If the iPhone is online then the icon will be green
- Then, select the “Lost Mode” option
- Enter a phone number that can be used to contact you.
- Next, enter a short message requesting to return your iPhone to those who are carrying it.
- The phone number and the short message will appear on your iPhone on a locked screen.
- Then, tick the option “Update E-mail”
- Finally, click “Finish”
By ticking the “Update E-mail” option, Apple will automatically send the latest location information to the active e-mail that is used as the Apple ID on your iPhone. So, you don’t have to spend a long time monitoring the online status on the screen.