In the modern era technology are made better everyday. People hopes that technology can make human easy to do something in the duty or activity. And then technology can make a better future for this world. For the example is Drones. Drones, also called unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), have no human pilot onboard, and instead are either controlled by a person on the ground or autonomously via a computer program. There is many benefits of drones, example is to find things or something that can’t find bye our eyes. Many activity can do by drone, we can use drone to know about something in some place or we can used to documentation from above the activity like festival concert and the others. Drone brain is a Flight Controller. This interprets the command and sends a signal to the motor through an electronic Speed Controller (ESC). All quadcopter flight mechanics are only achieved through modulation of the speed of these motors, the beginning of this article mentions some of the components needed for the quadcopter to function. The basic ones are: transmitter, receiver, flight controller, ESC, motor and propeller. Each of them is explained below.
The controller that you hold in your hand is called the transmitter. A transmitter is what sends a radio signal to a receiver, in a drone. All of your remote control inputs (voltage signals) are converted to electromagnetic signals and sent through an antenna.
The receiver is another part of the radio system. It receives the radio signal sent by the transmitter and outputs it to the flight controller, after converting it back to a voltage signal.
Flight controllers are basically “computers” that control quadcopter. It takes input from the receiver, accelerometer, compass or GPS input and commands output required for the motor. The drone flight controller is constantly processing data. Continuously adjusting motor speed to maintain level and orientation during flight.
The electronic speed controller, or ESC, is the one that processes input from the flight controller and provides power output to the motor. The brushless ESC has three wires connected to the motor, they basically provide three-phase AC power. They work by adjusting the time of the current sent to different motor windings through three cables.
Technically, this is the only moving part in the quadcopter. The motor receives power from the speed controller and rotates the propeller. With a hobby there are usually two types of drones available: brushed and brushless. Brush motors are easier to control than brushless motors. Some are less complex, which is why you find them in most smaller hobby drones. The bigger ones have more space for things like ESC, so they use a brushless motor. Brushless motors are far superior than brushed ones. They are more efficient, stronger, last longer and lighter.
The propeller produces the force, or lift, needed to make a drone in the air. We will discuss this more deeply, but basically the propeller gives a downward impulse which neutralizes the force of gravity. One propeller is connected to each motor, and they rotate at very high speeds to produce enough lift.
There are many example of drone :
- DJI Mavic 2 – Available as a Pro and Zoom model. Both have 4k cameras and include collision avoidance on all sides.
- DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise (M2E) – Zoom or Thermal camera models. Includes special accessories such as a beacon, spotlights and loudspeaker. Designed specifically for search and rescue or similar work.
- DJI Mavic Air – This is a small sized professional drone. It has a 4k camera and very stable flight. It has collision avoidance. It can also fly using hand gestures and has face recognition technology.
- DJI Phantom 4 Pro – with “Vision” collision avoidance technology. Multi purpose drone including 4k aerial filming, photography and photogrammetry.
- DJI Inspire 2 – Patented design and motors. Multi purpose drone for professional 5k aerial filming, photography, photogrammetry, multispectral and thermal imaging.
- Yuneec Typhoon H Pro – uses the patented Intel “Realsense” collision avoidance technology. Great for professional aerial photography and filming.
- Walkera Voyager 5 – This latest drone from Walkera is tremendous. Camera options include 30x optical zoom, thermal infrared and also a low light night vision camera.
- Walkera Vitus Starlight – latest small sized consumer drone from Walkera featuring collision avoidance sensors and a low light night vision camera.
- DJI Matrice 600 – This commercial multirotor is an true aerial cinematography platform with options to mount 7 different Zenmuse cameras.
- DJI Matrice 200 Commercial Quadcopter – Redundancy with dual battery, IMU and Satellite navigation systems. You can mount 2 cameras under the quadcopter (e.g thermal and zoom camera). Also, mount a camera on top of Matrice 200, which makes surveying of bridges real easy. The Matrice 200 has 6 directions of collision avoidance using ToF laser, Ultrasonic and Vision sensors.
Beside the example, there was many kind of drone. Based on amount of blades, there are 2 kind of drones :
1.Fixed Wing Drone
This type of drone is shaped like an airplane in general, used for fast processing and wider coverage. This drone is more battery efficient because there is only one propeller
2. Multicopter Drone
For those of you who want to make good videos it is suitable to choose a multi-copter drone because it is more stable and the carrying capacity and strength to lift loads can be heavier. The more the propeller the more stable and safer
What happens on a multicopter drone, the number of blades can vary:
- 3 baling baling (3Copter)
- 4 baling baling (Quadcopter)
- 6 baling baling (HexaCopter)
- 8 Baling baling (Octacopter)
Drones also can used to attack the enemy. Usually military used drone to know the situation of the enemy, condition of enemy’s headquarters, and then know about enemy’s preparation. If everything about the enemy is known, it will be very easy to set what kind of attack strategies are used to destroy the enemy’s defense quickly. But there are also many drawbacks of drones, for example the Drones are very noisy when brought close, in addition to that drones can also damage the environment when ignited and close to the ground.