Youtube is the largest platform that shared video. Millions of users around the world have created accounts on this site, they access this website in anytime to watch videos from around the world. Every minutes of everyday, more than 35 hours of video is uploaded to youtube.
Anyone with access to a computer or mobile device and an internet connection can watch YouTube content and even share their own. YouTube is really for everyone — whether you’re an individual simply looking for a creative outlet or the CEO of an organization with a large budget for a video ad campaign.
Although its user base ranges from young to old, YouTube is particularly popular among younger people who prefer the wide variety of content, interactive components and instant gratification of YouTube video content over traditional television. Many use it for entertainment purposes, for learning how to do something (tutorials), for keeping up with their favorite artists’ latest music videos and so much more.
Too short to call it a history.
HISTORY OF VIDEO-PLATFORM YOUTUBE
Youtube was founded by Steven Chen, Chad Hurley, and Jawed Karim. Three of them was a former employees of PayPal. YouTube first launched in 2005 and has now become one of the most visited websites in the history of the internet. It was launced on February 14, 2005. Yes! Valentine’s day, cause why not? Shortly after the site opened on a limited (“beta”) basis in May 2005, it was attracting some 30,000 visitors per day. By the time YouTube was officially launched on December 15, 2005, it was serving more than two million video views each day. By January 2006 that number had increased to more than 25 million views. The number of videos available at the site surpassed 25 million in March 2006, with more than 20,000 new videos uploaded on a daily basis. By the summer of 2006, YouTube was serving more than 100 million videos per day, and the number of videos being uploaded to the site showed no sign of slowing down.
In October 2006 google paid as much as youtube would priced, $1.65 billion that year, it was a lot of money for a baby website-video-platform- and so on google developed a first ad in August 2007, just nine month after they bought it. Spread accros the world made Youtube became localized. In June 2007, YouTube started rolling out localized versions of its site. People in different places would get different recommendations and features, as well as a localized top-level domain (for example, .com, .co.uk, .fr, etc.). Now, Youtube is worth around $100 billion and has more reach than TV cable annual income.
Nowadays the term ‘viral video’ is common. This refers to a video clip that people have liked so much that they’ve shared its link by email with millions of others around the globe – in effect, it’s spread like a virus. Companies have realised that they can harness this ability to reach potential customers and have created their own YouTube accounts for posting advertisements and other marketing videos.
Fact is the best part.
SO THERE ARE THE FACTS GUYS
1. Ronaldinho was first to 1 million views
Nike uploaded his tricks with ball to the youtube. hit 1 million on October 2005, 6 month after youtube was realased in beta version.
2. Avril Lavigne was first to 100 million views
‘Girlfriend’ was the first song to break 100 million viewas after its realase in 2008.
3. Gangnam Style was first to 1 billion views
PSY’s megahit song, even though it was from Korea but it became viral. This South Korean artist achieved superstardom on the back of its success, with the U.N. calling the singer a “force for world peace.”
4. Youtube boast around 57.000 years of video footage
The average video length on YouTube is four minutes and 20 seconds, and there are approximately 7 billion videos on the website in total. If you do some math then you can confirm that it would take around 30 trillion minutes to watch them all. Or, to put it another way, 58,000 years.
5. Youtube search is bigger than bing!
YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world. It processes more queries than Bing and Yahoo combined. Of course, it means Google also owns the world’s two most popular search engines. We’re not sure that level of centralization is a good thing.
6. Youtube’s origins as a dating site
The founding trio didn’t come up with the YouTube concept straight away. Legend has it that YouTube began life as a video dating site dubbed “Tune In Hook Up,” said to be influenced by HotorNot. The three ultimately decided not to go that route. The inspiration for YouTube as we know it today is credited to two different events. The first was Karim’s inability to find footage online of Janet Jackson’s “wardrobe malfunction,” and the second when Hurley and Chen were unable to share video footage of a dinner party due to e-mail attachment limitations.
Timeline will make you wonder where are you at some time
TIMELINE OF YOUTUBE
- Chad Hurley registers the trademark, logo, and domain of YouTube on Valentine’s Day 2005
- YouTube launches its beta site in May 2005.
- The first ever video posted was “me at the zoo”. It was only 19 seconds long. April 23, 2005. It was karim who standing in front of the camera.
- September 2005, Youtube got its first ever 1 million hit video views
- December 15, 2005 Youtube Launched a beta version
- October 2006 google acquired youtube for $1.65 billion
- YouTube launched its Partner Program to let people get paid for their viral content in May 2007
- In July 2007, YouTube teamed up with CNN to host the presidential debate for the 2008 election cycle
- Google decided it was time to start making money and rolled out the first ads for YouTube in August 2007
- In April 2009, Usher introduced the world to Justin Bieber via a video on YouTube
- in April 2009YouTube and Vivendi team up to launch new music video service Vevo
- YouTube started doing it live in April 2011
- YouTube got serious about original content in October 2011
- For the first time ever, people all over the world were able to watch a live-stream of the Olympics in July 2012
- In a little over 5 months, Gangnam Style hit 1 billion views in December 2012