The Android mobile operating system was first created by the company Android Inc., which is based in Palo Alto, California. They built Android with a Linux core program. Google then bought all shares of Android Inc. in August 2005. The founders of Android eventually worked for Google, such as Andy Rubin, Rich Miner, Nick Sears, and Chris White. Google began to seriously develop Android to enter the global mobile device market by releasing Android version 1.1 in March 2009. Android may be adopted by mobile device manufacturers. In fact, now he was adopted by a camera and television. Google also released Android source code for application developers and provides an online application store Google Play Store (formerly called the Android Market). Two months later, Google released Android version 1.5 with the code name “Cupcake”. From here begins the Android name code based on the name of the cake or dessert and in alphabetical order starting with the letter C. Here are versions and code names for Android from time to time:
- Android version 1.1
- Android version 1.5 (Cupcake)
- Android version 1.6 ( Donut)
- Android version 2.0 / 2.1 (Eclair)
- Android version 2.2 (Froyo: Frozen Yogurt)
- Android version 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Android version 3.0 / 3.1 (Honeycomb)
- Android version 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Android version 4.1 /4.2/4.3 (Jelly Bean)
- Adnroid version 4.4 (KitKat)
Google didn’t choose the name “Key Lime Pie” for the latest version of Android. The company prefers the name “KitKat” for the Android operating system version 4.4. The decision to use the name of the chocolate food product trademark was seen by some as a marketing coup in Nestle, known as a manufacturer of food and beverage products. However, Google refutes this notion and states that no party has paid for this decision. This is not a matter of money, changes, agreements from Android Partnership Director at Google, John Lagerling, told the BBC. Instead, he stressed, this idea was entirely carried out for something fun and unexpected. Simon Myers, an expert and marketing consultant, warned that there was a potential for collapsing in an agreement made by Google and Nestle. If your brand is connected to others, you will definitely become associated with other brands, good or bad from Myers said. If a brand has a reputation problem, other brand owners will be affected by their good name. As a company providing internet services and software, Google is not free from various controversies, ranging from privacy issues to patent disputes. Android itself is called the US Government as an operating system that is infected with many malicious programs compared to other operating systems. While Nestle had faced criticism in the past when the company promoted powder implants for babies in developing countries.
Android is an operating system developed
by Google. Some time yesterday it has launched Android v 4.4, which is named
KitKat, we have examined some of the advantages and disadvantages found in the
Android operating system KitKat. Various features provided by the Android OS
KitKat include one of the improvements to the temporary storage system in
memory usage, where processor performance has been minimized against temporary
registry data storage in RAM and will be accommodated directly by the available
internal memory capacity, so loading the processor will feel lighter. Check out
in detail and more clearly about the advantages and disadvantages of Android
The advantages of Android KitKat 4.4 include the following :
- Transparent screen color covers the touch virtual button on the screen, so that the color display looks the same as the color of the Wallpaper used.
- The Google Now application appears as part of the Homescreen panel, making it easier to use.
- In the feature that is served by Google, it has changed the KitKat App drawer background from the previous version which is black to transparent.
- The size of the menu icon on Android KitKat has been deliberately made larger, so it is very convenient for users to operate.
- In the widget section Google has provided a menu page display to make it look simple by getting rid of the Apps tab via offline mode.
- The latest Android KitKat OS has an innovative battery saver system, with a built-in power saving mode which of course aims to save battery from the default Android usage system.
- Android 4.4 KitKat has the ability to increase the memory inside a smartphone which can increase responsiveness of your device’s touchscreen display.
- The most interesting thing about the benefits of Android KitKat that we should be proud of is that the processor support as a device supporter has used a tri core, so it has a high speed on capacity usage.
Android 4.4 KitKat disadvantages as follows:
- 4.4 KitKat is the latest software version from Google, possibly including an introductory product for the majority of Android users, for that it still needs learning in its operation.
- With offline display on the screen which often shifts the feature menu to be invisible or transparent this sometimes makes users a bit awkward to touch the screen, because only the wallpaper is visible.
- To use this OS you should really pay attention to the minimum processor support capacity of tri-core, what if forced to install on the processor below will make the performance is not perfect.
Until now Android is very developing and almost all people use this Android-based cellphone. The reason mobile users switch to Android phones is because the features of this Android phone are very diverse and are always updated all the time. You can connect with anyone with the applications that are available. You can download the application you need on Android Play Store. Playstore services provide you with abundant application facilities that are very useful to support your life’s needs. Starting from chat applications, social media, games, and many others. With always updating android, features that can be used are also increasing and increasingly sophisticated. In August 2018 the official Android released the latest version, Android 9. 0 or often called android pie. This android gives a lot of changes, especially for new cell phone designs. in 2019 android has provided information about android Q but it is still BETA and has not been released.